Why do PCI training?
The value of personalised care is demonstrated through a growing evidence base showing improvements in health outcomes, better adherence to medical advice and increased satisfaction for both patients and clinicians.
Personalised care training allows health care professionals to equip themselves with the knowledge and skills they need to ensure people:
- Are treated as a whole person by professionals they trust
- Are involved in decisions about their health and care
- Are supported to manage their own health and well-being, through health coaching, access to self-management programmes and peer to peer support in the community
- Feel their care is coordinated
In April 2021, we surveyed 2,372 training participants to understand the value of our personalised care training. Research indicates that:
- 87% strongly agreed that the training would have a positive impact on their day to day practice
- 84% strongly agreed that the training further developed current skills they had
- 87% said that the training had introduced them to new models or approaches that they would use in their day-to-day practice
- 85% of participants strongly agreed that they would recommend the training to another professional
- 87% of participants said that the training materials were very good quality
- 85% said that the training provision was very good
Feedback from those that have engaged with our training has been highly positive.
Take a look at some of our testimonials below which demonstrate the value of PCI training.
“This course has enhanced my understanding of Shared Decision Making, which I was a little unsure about until now.”
“The training reframed many of the techniques I already used and put them into a more structured setting, so that I know where I am going.”
“I found the course empowering. It was a helpful reminder of just how crucial it is to partner with patients to bring about beneficial change, rather than taking the role of an instructor or preacher.”